If you’re planning to explore downtown Los Angeles, one destination that you can’t miss is the Staples Center. This world-class venue opened with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on October 17, 1999. Since then, it’s hosted more than 50 million guests, who’ve attended prestigious concerts, sporting events, award shows, family shows and other major attractions at the AEG-owned and operated arena. In terms of programming, Staples Center is unmatched by any other venue in the world.
The Staples Center is in close proximity to Hotel Figueroa. So, if you’re staying at the luxury DTLA hotel, the arena is only a short walk away–a major bonus for those travelers looking to avoid LA traffic.
If you’re planning to pay a visit to the Staples Center, here’s everything you need to know before you go.
Sports at the Staples Center
The Staples Center is home to four professional sports teams: the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Sparks and Los Angeles Kings. The 20,000-seat arena hosts more than 240 events and over 4 million visitors annually. The Staples Center has been the headquarters of LA sports for more than 19 years, and any sports fanatic will want to experience a game there since it has developed an unrivaled reputation for being one of the world’s most outstanding places to watch sports.
Here are some of the most exciting sports events teams you can catch when you’re in town this fall:
The LA Lakers
The LA Lakers are one of the city’s and country’s most beloved NBA basketball teams. Get tickets to an LA Lakers game, and you can see some of the league’s best players live, including Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma (not to mention the players on the other squad!) One of the most exciting happenings in 2018… the Lakers recently acquired modern basketball legend, LeBron James. See him play in one of the team’s upcoming games:
- LA Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets – Preseason, October 2
- LA Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings – Preseason, October 4
- LA Lakers vs. Houston Rockets – October 20
- LA Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs – October 22
- LA Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets – October 25
- LA Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks – October 31
- LA Lakers vs. Toronto Raptors – November 4
- LA Lakers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves – November 7
- LA Lakers vs. Atlanta Hawks – November 11
- LA Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers – November 14
- LA Lakers vs. Utah Jazz – November 23
- LA Lakers vs. Orlando Magic – November 25
- LA Lakers vs. Indiana Pacers – November 29
- LA Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks – November 30
- LA Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns – December 2
- LA Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs – December 5
- LA Lakers vs. Miami Heat – December 10
- LA Lakers vs. New Orleans Pelicans – December 21
- LA Lakers vs. Memphis Grizzlies – December 23
- LA Lakers vs. LA Clippers – December 28
- LA Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings – December 30
The LA Kings
The Lakers aren’t the only pro sports powerhouse in town. The LA Kings are the city’s pro hockey team, and they also play at the Staple Center. If you want to see a hockey game when you’re in town, consider getting tickets to:
- LA Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes – Preseason, September 18
- LA Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights – Preseason, September 20
- LA Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks – Preseason, September 29
- LA Kings vs. San Jose Sharks – October 5
- LA Kings vs. Detroit Red Wings – October 7
- LA Kings vs. New York Islanders – October 18
- LA Kings vs. Buffalo Sabres – October 20
- LA Kings vs. New York Rangers – October 28
- LA Kings vs. Philadelphia Flyers – November 1
- LA Kings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – November 3
- LA Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks – November 6
- LA Kings vs. Minnesota Wild – November 8
- LA Kings vs. Calgary Flames – November 10
- LA Kings vs. Toronto Maples Leafs – November 13
- LA Kings vs. Colorado Avalanche – November 21
- LA Kings vs. Vancouver Canucks – November 24
- LA Kings vs. Edmonton Oilers – November 25
- LA Kings vs. Carolina Hurricanes – December 2
- LA Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes – December 4
- LA Kings vs. New Jersey Devils– December 6
- LA Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights – December 8
- LA Kings vs. Winnipeg Jets – December 18
- LA Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes – December 27
- LA Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights – December 29
The LA Clippers
The Clippers are another LA-based NBA gem. Their roster includes standouts like Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan. See the Clippers play live at one of the following games:
- LA Clippers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves – Preseason, October 3
- LA Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets – Preseason, October 9
- LA Clippers vs. Maccabi Haifa B.C. – Preseason, October 11
- LA Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets – October 17
- LA Clippers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder – October 19
- LA Clippers vs. Houston Rockets – October 21
- LA Clippers vs. Washington Wizards – October 28
- LA Clippers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves – November 5
- LA Clippers vs. Milwaukee Bucks – November 10
- LA Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors – November 12
- LA Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs – November 15
- LA Clippers vs. Memphis Grizzlies– November 23
- LA Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns – November 28
- LA Clippers vs. Miami Heat – December 8
- LA Clippers vs. Toronto Raptors – December 11
- LA Clippers vs. Portland Trail Blazers– December 17
- LA Clippers vs. Dallas Mavericks – December 20
- LA Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets – December 22
- LA Clippers vs. Sacramento Kings – December 26
- LA Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs – December 29
The LA Sparks
The LA Sparks is the WNBA team in LA. They are currently in the WNBA playoffs, and next season will begin in spring 2019.
Staples Center Concerts
If music and dance is your preferred mode of entertainment, Staples Center has a number of headlining concerts scheduled for 2018. Consider getting tickets to one of the following:
- Keith Urban: Graffiti U World Tour 2018 – October 6
- Drake – October 12 – 14
- Bruno Mars – October 23 – 27
- Justin Timberlake – November 27
Staples Center FAQ
If you plan to attend an event at Staples Center during your stay in LA, you may have some questions about your experience. Below, you’ll find the most frequently asked questions.
Are cameras allowed?
Yes. Non-professional, non-flash, still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable or telephoto lens). However, video and audio recording are not allowed.
Are bags allowed?
Bags that are smaller than 14″x14″x6″ are permitted inside STAPLES Center.
Hotel Figueroa’s Concierge Services for Staples Center
During your stay at the Hotel Figueroa, consider speaking with a concierge member about a visit to the Staples Center. We can help you arrange the best tickets possible, secure dinner reservations, and schedule VIP experiences. Please email us directly at email@example.com.
Hotel Figueroa Offer
From through March 31, 2019, reserve a two-night stay at Hotel Figueroa in downtown LA and save 18% off accommodations and receive daily parking (a $45 daily value).